Wednesday, October 12, 2005

War crimes

I have just finished reading Dan Fesperman's The small boat of great sorrows. It is a gripping mystery set in modern Europe featuring a Bosnian refugee who becomes involved in investigation a World War 2 war crime because of his previous career as a policeman in Sarajevo. The book won an award and I am not surpirsed as I thought it was terrific. It gave insights into the wars in Bosnia combined with interesting plotting and suspicious Americans.

Michael Connelly writes the Harry Bosch crime thrillers. I have read a couple and quite enjoyed them, so I was feeling positive about starting The Narrows which is quite a new one. However, I found it a bit of a disappointment and rather predictable, but I did find it sufficiently appealing to finish it.

No comments: